Monday, 5 August 2013

SharePoint search request was unable to connect

After starting SharePoint 2010 Basic search for SharePoint Foundation, I tried to use search control.
It is Throwing Error
 "The Search Request was unable to connect to the Search Service."

I then Checked all  service in central admin and found that it is working fine.
I then checked that Web application is attached with the search or not and found It is fine.
After surfing I found that I need to upgrade some of my database (along with search database) :

  1. Open the SharePoint management Shell.
  2. Get Database that needs to be upgrading :-Get-SPDatabase | ?{$_.NeedsUpgrade -eq $true} | Select Name
  3. Get-SPContentDatabase | ?{$_.NeedsUpgrade -eq $true} | Upgrade-SPContentDatabase :- This provide us the the database name that needs to done upgradation. For each database, It will prompt for confirmation 
  4. Then Run:- PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force -cmd applicationcontent -install -cmd installfeatures. (Path of PSConfig is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN ).
  5. And last, we need to run this command stsadm -o spsearch -action start (Path of stsadm is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN ).

1 comment :

  1. I аm not positiνe the place you'rе getting your infо, howeνer great topic.
    I must spend a while finding out much more or worκing out morе.
    Thank you for magnіfiсent infοгmatiоn I used to be in ѕearch оf thiѕ information
    for my mіssion.

    Hеre is my weblog vidente (