Wednesday 28 August 2013

CallOut Popups: For Announcement List

While exploring SharePoint 2013, I came to know that CallOut Popup displayed only for following Lists:
  • Document Library
  • Assert Library
  • Images Library
  • Pages Library
  • Task Lists
And CallOut Popup not displayed for following Lists:
  • Custom Lists
  • Announcements Lists
  • Calendar List
  • Discussions List
A gentleman had query on Linked In group as follows:
 Any solutions to get the Callout Popups in Announcements List?
I was not able to find the exact answer but this link. Sorry to say that I was not satisfied with the given answers because of few reasons:
1- It retrieves all the announcement list item information and append in another  div tag and from there you are able to view the callout Popup.
2- It works only with only announcement list at a time. We need to change the list name for each Announcement list.
3- Code using ListData.svc. There is a problem:
If there  a space between List name let say My Announcement  we need to pass the list name without space likeMyAnnouncement while passing with ListData.svc (What exactly I faced).
I then decided to create some solution and able to do that. I have created a solution (I have attached wsp file alsoAnnouncementCallOut.wsp):
1- Created as SharePoint-Hosted Solution.
2- Just deploy and it will  for every announcement list.

6 comments :

  1. Nice Post. I was looking for something same.
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback. I will try to come with a lot

      Delete

  2. Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied by the idea that you got from LearningSharePoint.com

    The point there was to give you an idea and I see that its well received.

    Also, not every company welcomes wsp solutions or auto hosted apps in there environment so I kept it to the client side (on-page) coding for easier implementation.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied by the idea that you got from LearningSharePoint.com

    The point there was to give you an idea and I see that its well received.

    Also, not every company welcomes wsp solutions or auto hosted apps in there environment so I kept it to the client side (on-page) coding for easier implementation.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Well at least you got the idea to get started form LearningSharePoint.com. I glad we could help.

    Anyway not every company allows wsp or auto hosted apps to be installed. I generally keep it to Client side on page coding so its easy for Office 365 and Business users.

    You can check more tutorials at http://www.learningsharepoint.com/2013/05/09/sharepoint-2013-callout-popup-tutorial/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Isha,

    Thanks for your feedback because yes I got the idea from your site (Also shared your blog reference).

    Yes this is for On Hosted (On-premise) but, would you please let me know wehn we have multiple Announcement list then how it will work?

    Also I am working on my wsp using CSOM, and you will get it soon.

    ReplyDelete